Even 90% of all complaints in printing technology are accounted for printed color and visual experience of color. Complaints about finishing process are very rare.
The most common problem of printing houses is satisfying customer expectations in terms of color. Therefore, we often hear statements from printing houses that their customers often do correction of ink volume on the printing machine while verification of printed sheet, they comment on the experience of color in a graphic unacceptable way, and so on …
Most customers do not discuss the quality of the prints. They know exactly what to expect.
Process Standard Offset
Especially in offset printing there has been described the standardized work process called PSO – Process Standard Offset.
Based on technical standards for offset printing ISO 12647-2 which describes the way of work from the beginning when we enter customers files in our database throughout the final operation where we have finished printed product. It includes file handling, color management, making proof, its verification and certification, making CtP plates, control of dot gain, applying and regulating of inks in the printing press, control printed editions, etc.
With the use of PSO you guarantee for quality of complete printed products,from file creation to finished product.PSO describes what are the appropriate measuring devices and control methods for the production process,so he can be monitored, managed and verified. This includes measuring devices with spectroscopic and densitometric settings, as well as the corresponding test elements (e.g. control strip). Furthermore, PSO raises the nominal value and tolerances for printing on modern manufacturing materials, demonstrating what is reasonable and achievable.
Those who adhere to and work towards this standard have a footprint that is standard and it is the starting point for all other prints.
Why is it important to work as described in standardized process for offset printing?
- Because the quality has become a measurable, verifiable and feasible!
- Because you’ll have the least problems in production, you will avoid complaints, and that’s what the customer expects from you – to deliver a print in line with technical standards for offset printing.
- The buyer has no longer time to send him proof or any rehearsal. He simply asks you for proof that your prints correspond to standard.
- Because of this more and more in international tenders for printing, you can see one of the items under the names FOGRA39 requirements, PSO or ISO 12647-2 etc.
These are all different names for the same goal, and that is the print that can be achieved from anyone who adheres to the guidelines.
Think of standardization!
Here’s another reason why it would be good to know how to work according to standard 12647-2.
More and more often I hear statements from printers that have a printing problem with unjustified complaints that customers use to help them reduce the value of the supplied goods.What printing house can do at that time?
Accepts complaints and provides additional rebates on supplying goods. Buyer recognizes it as an opportunity to get every time with a complaint more for less money. The customer is always right – some would say, so there’s no point in arguing with him about the justification of the complaint. If you are working according to the procedure for offset printing and can document the quality and present to your customer, he will know that he is working with a professional who accepts the fact-based prescribing procedures recognized by the ISO international organizations.
Believe me, this will be the last complaint from a customer that you will get.
It pays to invest!
Another problem is the money because for the implementation of standards is necessary to invest in staff training, measurement equipment, software, and in certificate itself.
Yes, we should invest in order to get something. Personally I think it is better to invest in that than in the new machines anyway because the prints will be the same as before. Employees who do not know the procedure for offset printing, will work the same on any equipment. Maybe good, maybe not, but you do not know that.
- Use Of Graphics Standards In The Packaging Industry
- Three Ninja Tips for Creating Synergy with Your Pick-and-Pack Fulfillment Process
- Time-Saving Methods You Can Use to Decrease Order Fulfillment Hours at Your Ecommerce Store
- A Short History of Printing
- The Importance of Data Breach Prevention
- Xeikon machines
- Reasons For Investing In Automation
- Bobst ExpertCut – a revolutionary development
- High Quality Print For Our Customer
- AccuBraille GT